Monday, May 2, 2011

Sir, It was an accident ! I fell off my Scooty !!

What happened ? How did that happen ?

I asked nodding at the crepe-bandaged right hand and wrist .

I was at the pre-boarding counter today for my flight to Delhi.

And the smart bright red uniformed young girl was checking us in.- a bit clumsily as she was managing the barcode reader and the keyboard with a partially effective right hand .

She looked up;  her face lit up;  a beaming smile and white pearly teeth dazzled through her painted lips .

Sir, It was an accident !  I fell off my Scooty !!  It was an accident Sir !!

Well, Watch out & take care !!

Thank You Sir !!

And I was off through the glass door.

And as I negotiated my way to my seat I wondered – recollecting the smiling face and the excited tone in her voice - how come a nasty accident like that can become such a joyful and a proud moment ??

Krish..

No comments:

Post a Comment