Monday, November 8, 2010

Hospital and Happiness !!

Have been out of action for some time ..

So a bit of catching up ... wrote this piece while recovering from suspected Dengue & more like a viral fever ..
.

At the hospital, Yet Again !

Me and DE are fighting it out

Day before it was  - Advantage Krish

Yesterday – Duece &  Today - Adv De .

I am NOT Happy !!

.

Came in here again – very grumpy

Did not thank the ever helpful gaurd outside

Who opened my car door as usual

Nor smile a greeting

At the two pleasant & efficient receptionists

Muttered impatient noises throughout

While standing impatiently at the billing counter queue

Scowled at the ever talking trio in the blood sampling room

Nor thank Padma who smooth & painlessly drew my blood

Briskly picked up the small tube and marched downstairs

Handed it over to the friendly technician with a curt –

Need my report in one hours time !!

.

Yes , I demonstrated my unhappiness quite adequately

And the entire hospital staff is to be blamed !!!

.

Sitting @ the reception hall once again

Different steel chair but equally uncomfortable

No lightness of being this time

Only a heaviness of worry

Its  a gloomy overcast sky outside

And the tube lights inside seem to lose

A couple of lumens as well  to reflect my mood

And I am definitely Not Happy !!

Very unhappy in fact angrily unhappy !!!

.

The coffee counter man rolls out his cart as usual

I walk up , point a 10 rupee note at the hot tea canister

Piping hot steamy extra sugary masala tea

Flows searing down my throat

Lifts up my mood immediately

And shoots up my diabetic sugar level instantly !

.

My head clears out and shrugs off the unpleasant baggage

And I immediately notice the 2 year old moon faced boy beside me

Pestering his burkha clad mom with questions …

How big will she be , little , small ?

What will be her name ??

Will she talk to me ???

Really curious to know how his new born cousin sister will be !

.

Unhappiness eradicated , I am back on track !

.

Is happiness subjective – of course !

Watch me when my platelette count shoots over 150K !!

Is happiness relative  - Surely !

You delightfully happy Diwali bonus can quickly turn sour when

You hear your collegue get double of what you got !!

Is happiness contextual – definitely !

Happiness breeds Happiness  !!

.

And setting aside philosophy and serious thinking

Lets learn to manufacture our own happiness !

Just  a couple of simple nice thoughts

Put inside a relaxed mind

Is all you need for a great Bake !!

And all around you, You  can watch

Peoplesavor the fantastic aroma of

Fresh happiness cooking – every day / every hour !!

Yes , happiness is contagious – just catch it !!

.

And do watch the great TED  TALK by

Krish..

No comments:

Post a Comment